Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Times of refreshing

Today was one of those days when you sit back and realize that life is so chaotic that we can't control it at all, even though we try to. There is much to be said about being a stay-at-home mom when the ones that you are taking care of are growing up too fast.

So fast that, even the dog has realized when things aren't as they should be. I have come the relvelation that time is too precious and I need to make more of an effort to be better fit for myself and to be around longer. I need to make the ardous change of actually getting out of bed in the morning and taking that walk around the block w/the dog who whines at the site of her leash! What a treat to have someone appreciate you that much. Sometimes her love is almost better than anyone elses. But, I do love everyone of my family members, with the exception of my husband who I love differently, equally.

The kids get into fighting over nothing and I see that it becomes a problem for those involved. They have to learn and grow with guidance. I am thankful that I have sense enough to have a loving attitude (most of the time) in dealing with these issues.

I am thankful for the many moments that I can sit and talk with friends and just share a piece of myself and who I am. I try not to be mis-understood, but it does happen and I must ask for forgiveness because my mouth will sometimes just speak louder than I intend and keep repeating myself. I don't like that about myself one bit and need to work on that.

I keep praying that God will use me and my talents in some really big way, but I must also have faith to believe that even though I don't see it immediately, there is something in each and every one of us that is special to Him.

There are times in my life that I just want something 'normal' from my husband's job. I realize that it probably will not be for quite some time and hasn't been for the last 14 yrs. So, I live with it until he decides that he needs to change something about it. I will be supportive of him in all that he does because he is my husband and I believe all marriages need nothing by work, love, time shared and moments of uninterrupted dates!

For today I will try to work on finding my time for devotions. This is where I will find my time of refreshing! Love and Grace to you all....

No comments: