Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

Hey, happy 4th of July everyone. Today has been a different day. First time that I can remember that it has rained on a day of celebration like today. Have spent most of the last two days preping strawberries for Jam, whole frozen, pies, shortcake, sorbet and eating whole. Found a really good deal at the local store and just couldn't pass it up.

The dog has been an unusual bunch of whininess because we have had some extra company today w/the kids friends over playing. Feeling like a real domestic goddess this weekend. I think I have spent all waking moments in the kitchen cleaning, cooking and cleaning again. Even made some home-made chicken dumplings for supper tonight. Have been having fun overall.

The girls are busy watching videos of the camp they will be attending at the end of this month. Josh is trying to have his first-ever sleepover at the neighbors house and I am just left contemplating my dog! LOL

I have contemplated many things in my life and wonder what is in store for me. But, find myself saying that if I really knew what was going to happen, I probably wouldn't necessarily want to face it. Just want my husband to be happy in what he does and how he does it. If that means he goes further in his career, then that is where he will go. If not, then what? Well.....we might just sit a while on that one.

Can't wait until company comes in late August. This will be interesting. Just wish that I could have my dreadfully-awful bathroom remodeled! It will happen sometime in the future, I know that it will. Maybe my company will do other things around the house that need to be done, but I want them to enjoy their visit, not think they are coming only to do my stuff that needs to be done. I know that my dad won't mind, but I do. I feel as though when company comes they come to visit, not to work!

Keep safe and have a great time watching the firework!

No comments: