Friday, July 10, 2009

Precious moments

There are so many times of life when we want things to go a certain way. Well, lately I have been doing a lot of talking about how things will change for me over the course of the next couple 3 or 4 years. I didn't think I would begin to realize just how much time has come and gone for me.



As we left our oldest at the volleyball seminar (her absolute passion in life right now), I was beginning to think of how things would really change for me. I didn't want to admit to myself how much I would really miss her around. The house seems a little more empty than normal w/out her hanging around reading, texting and just being a normal teenager. I love this girl w/all my heart from the day she was born until long into the future. I see that she will be always on the lookout for things to make her life more complete and fulfilling. She wants to be a grown up individual. Oh, how I wish that many days she were still just that small toddler who would climb into the full laundry basket of toys and throw each and every one of them out before making herself completely at home just sitting in the empty basket and we all had a really good laugh.




Then, I get the call from a friend about a little 2 year old. My heart sank as I waited in anticipation to only find out that someone had lost the most precious thing in their life - their own daughter. The memories that were made in that short time of life and the many things that will be missed because of something as painful as death! I wasn't asking to feel the way I do, but I realize now that only God has the most perfect timing in everything he does. I know we must all struggle w/loss on some level, but there can be nothing more permanently separating than that. How lucky I am to be able, at this moment of time, to share in joys and sorrows and adventures w/my own children. Because who knows what tomorrow holds. Only God has that future in store for each and every one of us.


Peace and blessings,

No comments: